Voyage 1 route available for Download

General question for Sail Simulator (raising sails, pulling sheets, etc.)

Voyage 1 route available for Download

Postby Barry » Wed 02 Mar 2005 - 22:58

Voyage 1
Uploaded another route to my ISP which is now available from my site.
A bit larger than the previous one at nearly 5 megs.
Tried to make it 120 miles, but could't get the Scenery Dem Data to make this size, so it ended up at about 30 miles or more.
Havn't run the full route so leave it up to you, if you wish, to put on any danger buoys for rocky areas, etc. I am limited with the amount of content I can put on to keep the file size down.

Included a full town with sea walls.
I think I made about 3 or 4 variety of rocks with collision properties but for large rocks, small mountains, and long sea walls, etc, I use the long rock collision strips I made around the bases.
If you want to use any of my items for your own NON COMMERCIAL routes see my site about installing them from your route folder once you have downloaded my routes.

http://www.barrywright.clara.net/sail1.html

Barry
Last edited by Barry on Thu 03 Mar 2005 - 20:43, edited 2 times in total.
Barry

Postby Barry » Thu 03 Mar 2005 - 14:54

Just been trying out my route. Seems to be quite big.
leaving the bay and around the tip took about 5 miles. So from INSIDE the 2 far bays, at each end of the route could be aout 40 miles. Using the sail simulator so just will sail for an hour then pick up from where I left off each time.
May keep this one on my site as looks fairly realistic, but may delete the first one, when I make something else to replace it with.

Perhaps someone could try the Panama and Suez Canal and maybe Cape Horn.
It would only mean tracing around the cotours but not sure what practical size you can make them with realism, and keep the file size down at the same time.

The values in the dem map when set seem to alter in the extents, North to South and East to West. I tried 150 metres but it seemed to turn into 35 metres approx. max for distance between height bars. Maybe there is a limit as the default is set at 25 metres.

Barry

NEW ONE!!

Postby Exocet25fr » Fri 04 Mar 2005 - 14:39

Hi Barry! :D

A NEW ONE...!? :shock: Again!

I am going to download it and try it!

Thanks for this Route! :wink:
Jean-Marc
Exocet25fr

Postby Barry » Fri 04 Mar 2005 - 14:51

Hi Jean Marc.

I ran the full distance on it yesterday, and it worked out at about 32 miles from inside each of the 2 end bays.

Incidentally the route called "Ice" which I made with just mainly hovercraft on it, was about 100 miles I think, as just had a look at it, but very thin in width. That one is on Texino's site.

May try a real world route of my own coastal area and see what distance I can get. Would need about 100 mile.

Barry

:)

P.S. I have now decided to remove this route for now, as according to my web site statistics there is little interest. Maybe I will wait until sail sim 5 appears to see if there is more realism for route making.
Barry

Return to Sail Simulator - General