New Route Available for Download

General question for Sail Simulator (raising sails, pulling sheets, etc.)

New Route Available for Download

Postby Barry » Tue 01 Mar 2005 - 01:41

I am experimenting with trying a download from my site and have uploaded a route for you to try. Nothing special but if you read the new page it will explain better.

The route is only about 3 megs includes a lit lighthouse beam for night use, and a few lit lighthouse tops. Also some lit white buoys for night time guidance.
These started out as red buoys which I made but now seem to be white.

The route is quite big at about 30 miles and you may have difficulty getting through the middle part which is only about 4 feet deep in parts.
You can't alter the map after you put 3D items on so it will have to stay at 4 feet or so. There are also some side channels you may be able to use to get around the middle part.

But can always make someting different a bit later and perhaps delete this one.

Anyway just experimenting and if you read the page you will get a better idea.

Thanks

Barry

http://www.barrywright.clara.net/sail1.html
Last edited by Barry on Tue 01 Mar 2005 - 14:23, edited 1 time in total.
Barry

Postby Barry » Tue 01 Mar 2005 - 14:08

Also should anyone dowload the route perhaps you could post here to confirm if it dowloaded O.K. and then I will know it works for any fuure routes I may upload to my ISP.

With the castle the boat sails through te landing ramp. I had put collision spheres on when I first made it and corrected the Stentec Collision spere "bug", so will have to recheck that. You can see where thespheres are placed by checking tem in the Object Editor.

Also for them to work when placing them you have to make a giant sphere to go around them all and enter the value in wordpad to correct te Stentec "bug" error.

Barry

:)
Barry

Rocky Shallows

Postby Exocet25fr » Tue 01 Mar 2005 - 22:12

Hi Barry! :D

I downloaded White Water Passage, and no problem with the download! :D
Note: you forgot an "S" in White Water Pasage! :? , but I corrected it for myself! 8)
Thanks for this new long route! :wink:
Jean-Marc
Exocet25fr

Postby Barry » Tue 01 Mar 2005 - 22:26

Thanks Jean Marc.

I think you will have to lay some buoys to get through the route.
At the first small island you come to you need to keep far right and not follow the white buoys.

Still havn't completed sailing the whole route myself yet.
Its about 24 mile square so I suppose 96 miles x 6 miles would only be the same size.
May try another.

Barry

:)
Barry

Postby Barry » Thu 03 Mar 2005 - 20:50

P.S. I have now decided to remove these routtes for now, as according to my web site statistics there is little interest. Maybe I will wait until sail sim 5 appears to see if there is more realism for route making.
Barry

Return to Sail Simulator - General