Mini Islands

General question for Sail Simulator (raising sails, pulling sheets, etc.)

Mini Islands

Postby altug » Sat 16 Oct 2004 - 16:32

Hi!

Mini Islands scenery is ready to sail/cruise. There are also some new 3D objects. Hey Jean-Marc, untill we reach the shores of Eagle Yacht Club spend sometime on the way at the mini islands with your Tornado ;)

All the best to virtual sailors :D

altug

www.altugphoto.com/sailsim
altug

GOOD IDEA!!!

Postby Exocet25fr » Sat 16 Oct 2004 - 17:28

Hi Altug! :D

GOOD IDEA!!!! :P !, but Mini Islands is a new one?, or you spoke about Marina & Cave Islands?, because I don't see new one on your site! :roll:
I'm using your Boat colors actualy! :wink:
Jean-Marc
Exocet25fr

HAAAAAAAaaaaaaa!

Postby Exocet25fr » Sat 16 Oct 2004 - 20:21

HAAAAAaaaaa! :D !

Now I see the new downloads.....! :D :D !, I am going to download your Tornado and the new Scenery! :D and try it!of course..! 8)

I suppose you know the Turkish Pilot site:

http://www.turkishpilots.org/software.html

Bye-bye! :wink:
Jean-Marc
Exocet25fr

Postby altug » Sun 17 Oct 2004 - 14:18

Hi!
I did not know that link! Thank you! :D There are several downloads to try and spend useful time! :D

Have a nice sunday!

altug :D
altug

Postby Barry » Sat 23 Oct 2004 - 03:29

Altug Hi - Tried the mini Islands route and runs OK in sail sim.
Interesting route with nice bright sky. The sky is always too faint using the default sky?
With the motorboat sim 1.2 the water seems sticky in mini islands route and doesn't seem to get moving easily. Maybe something I have altered.

Do you have any problems with the curling edge of water showing at the edge of screen like folds in the edge of cloth.
Nothing to do with your routes as happens with my routes as well. Have tried all sorts of screen adjustments but can't get rid of it.

Still hoping that we can use our own drivable boats as not using the sail and motorboat sims much at present. We could with more support and input from Stentec?

It was only by chance reading on the forum that I found that lights can easily be made to work at night simply by changing a 0 to 1 in the configuration, so lighthouse beams, ships lights, can easily be made to work yet nobody told us. Collision spheres still not fixed etc, etc.

Thanks for making the routes.

Barry

:)
Barry

About Lights by night?

Postby Exocet25fr » Sat 23 Oct 2004 - 12:05

Hi Barry !

It's interresting!, but where are these Configuration files?, I didn't find them!
PLEASE TELL ME! :wink:
Jean-Marc
Exocet25fr

Re: About Lights by night?

Postby Barry » Sat 23 Oct 2004 - 13:11

Exocet25fr wrote:Hi Barry !

It's interresting!, but where are these Configuration files?, I didn't find them!
PLEASE TELL ME! :wink:

Hi

You would need the full scenery designer toolkit to put the models back into the simulation. Details are on another post somewere (not mine).
You open the S3D or buoy file with wordpad or a text editor. At the very end the long list of figures there are several lines regarding lighting emisssive, specular, etc. Emissive? If you alter the figures in the row, four of them I think. Alter the 0 to 1 and the items lights up at night.

The item would need to be seperate from the main model and not joined . Example I kept the see-through windows on the steamer seperate and this shows seperately in the config table from the main model and the windows lit up fine when I altered the 0 to 1.

Also made a long cone for my ligthouse about quarter to half mile and set it to you could partly see through it and this also lit up at night. Thats the way lighthouse beams are made I think, and revolved slowly with animation. But you can still see the beam faintly in daytime. I think Altug used that idea?

Not sure if this works just for m/b 1.2 but think it works for sailsim?

Barry
Barry

Thanks for your reply!

Postby Exocet25fr » Sat 23 Oct 2004 - 14:47

Hi!

I have the Full Designer Scenery Toolkit, I shall try it!, but that seems not easy!

Bye! :wink:
Jean-Marc
Exocet25fr

Re: Thanks for your reply!

Postby Guest » Sat 23 Oct 2004 - 15:12

Exocet25fr wrote:Hi!

I have the Full Designer Scenery Toolkit, I shall try it!, but that seems not easy!

Bye! :wink:

As always though make a back up of any file first before altering.. just in case :wink:

Barry

Postby Barry » Sat 23 Oct 2004 - 18:04

Had another experiment.

Appears to work in sailsimulator as can light the top of the lighthouse I made, but I think I will leave the ligthouse cone of light until proper light effects come as lit cone can be seen in daylight.

Also tried it with the red buoy I made and these show up in the dark quite well..
If you alter any floating objects though this may remove the collision spheres and you may have to reset the floating qualities. Neither works very well as collision spheres you need to fix teh "bug" with text editor and making items float only works for some items and not others so very hit or miss.

Any other items I make in the future, if they have windows or marker lights, or buoys, etc I will set the light effects with wordpad as detailed in thread.

Night time sailing is apparently possible it just needs the items, buoys, lights, markers, making and the light factor emission enabled with a text editor. By the way any use of my models or routes, etc is at your own risk etc, as have to experiment myself to find out what happens.

Barry

Barry

Return to Sail Simulator - General