New Scenery Danish/German Coast: Firth of Flensburg

General question for Sail Simulator (raising sails, pulling sheets, etc.)

Postby altug » Sun 18 Mar 2007 - 22:30

Hi Ralf, :D I want to do my next scenery after the launch of SS5 because this projects take a lot of time for me and I dont want to be upset later...

Hi Jean-Marc :D
I have no problem in mbs with this scenery. What you are experiencing is a strange situation :shock: :roll:

Hi Barry :D Thanks again for the detailed information about all your experiences...
altug

Postby Exocet25fr » Mon 19 Mar 2007 - 13:20

Yes Altug !, very curious.............! :roll:
About your current project scenery, will be compatible with SS4, because I will not buy SS5..........!? :)

Of course I downloaded again and reinstalled it, Barry ! :wink:
But no changement ! :cry:

Anyway Ralf, I can use it with SS4 and I like it very much ! :D :wink:
Jean-Marc
Exocet25fr

Postby Barry » Mon 19 Mar 2007 - 13:48

Hi Jean-Marc.

You may be tempted when SS5 comes out depending on what functions and properties it has.

If you set the functions to get underwater somehow and although a sailing simulator you never know how the functions might be used in different ways.

I have used a train simulator for making drivable sailing ships, barges and canal boats using invisible track, and many miles docks, with and without trains. Another person used a train moving platform function (side transfer table) to create working locks and dry docks for it.

I know your main interest in in diving and submersibles and you make wrecks, and wreck sceneries for Virtual Sailor, so maybe see what we can do with the various functions in SS5 when it's eventually available. :wink:

Maybe nothing but you never know.

Barry
Barry

Postby ED50 » Wed 16 May 2007 - 18:47

Hello all,
A version 2 of the scenery is available for download from Stentes site:!:

I have added the collision spheres to the scenery now and add some houses at the museum harbour of Flensburg.

Thanks to Stefan who placed it in the Download section of the Stentec server :D

For the collision spheres I created a new set of jetty objects in a range from 20 meters to 160 meters, each with and w/o bollards on the sites. For the quays I created an own "Collision Object" with collision spheres only.
If somebody is interrested in I can place the set on my download site
(please place your request here).

Cheers
Ralf
http://www.ed50.de
ed50_sail_sim(at)yahoo.de {(at)=@ to avoid spam mails}
ED50

Postby Exocet25fr » Wed 16 May 2007 - 20:04

Hi Ralf.................! :D and...........Barry & Altug too.........! :wink:

This second version is VERY NICE and works fine for the 2 Simulators now.......!, the problem with Motorboat seems solved...........! :P

Thanks ! :)
Jean-Marc
Exocet25fr

Postby ED50 » Sat 08 Mar 2008 - 15:28

Hi all,
I like to infom you that I have a new web page: www.ed50.de .

The old provider has canceled my old page without any notification and I dectided to create a new one.

:!: I placed an update of the "Firth of Flensburg" on the new page for download (38.4 MB) as V3. :!:

I made progess in creating objects. For the new equipped town of Sonderborg I continued to use real photos as texture. In addition I used the satelite screenshoots from Google Earth to find the correct position of the different objects within Sonderborg. It is possible to increase the realitic shape additionally with this means of perfect positioning. The disadvantage is - obviously - that it takes a lot of time to create these realistic objects (sorry for the longer time I didn' post here :wink: ).
Anyhow, from my point of view it shows again the good concept of Stentec to have open interfaces for sceneries and own created objects. Hopefully this is continued in Sali Simmulator V5.

Please feel free to post any feedback.

Ralf
http://www.ed50.de
ed50_sail_sim(at)yahoo.de {(at)=@ to avoid spam mails}
ED50

Postby Barry » Sun 23 Mar 2008 - 02:05

If you havn't already tried this scenery it is worth having a sail on it.

At present it works well on Stentec motorboat simulator with no problems on my computer, but my sailing simulator 4.2 locks up for me at times with Vista on all sceneries, so rarely now use sailsimulator.

Ralf has made some quite realistic houses and buildings of the town and beside the quaysides, which helps to make for a nice scenery.

B
Barry

Previous

Return to Sail Simulator - General