How to install SSP files?

General question for Sail Simulator (raising sails, pulling sheets, etc.)

How to install SSP files?

Postby Walter » Fri 13 Feb 2004 - 16:45

Hi all,

This week I have downloaded Alex Lindeijer's Lofoten Scenery for Sail Simulator. The file is an Stentec Scenery Package (SSP) and the icon looks like a cardboard box.
I understand that you need the Scenery Manager, okay I got that, but then what?
How do I unpack the SSP-file so that it becomes a Sail Sim Scenery (SSS) file?

If any of you know a few pointers I am all ears.

Thanks in advance,
Walter
Walter

Location: Netherlands, European Continent, Northern Hemisphere, Terra, Sol, Orion Spiral Arm, Milkyway Galaxy

Postby Barry » Sat 14 Feb 2004 - 00:12

There is a post on the thread Adding Scenery
Anyway copied my reply from iy if any use.

Barry
:)

Not sure how the Download version works but I have the retail version and there is an update to 4240.

After Installing with Scenery Manager.Alt/Environment/Sceneries then scroll to the route. Also it puts these into Program Files/Common/Stentec Shared Folder, but they also seem to go into Documents/Stentec sometimes.

You can install a route direct from the Scenery Builder... Open Route - File then Register I think. You can also rename a route with a fresh reference number with Scenery Builder to work on and install with fresh reference number and keep the original intact.

When you have the route running game/save situation and give it a name puts route into the starting page of routes.

Perhaps Download version is different?

Barry
Barry

Postby Walter » Tue 24 Feb 2004 - 14:07

Thanks! It worked out just fine.

happy sailing,
Walter
Walter

Location: Netherlands, European Continent, Northern Hemisphere, Terra, Sol, Orion Spiral Arm, Milkyway Galaxy

Return to Sail Simulator - General