WE WANT SOME NEWS ! ! ! ! ! !

General question for Sail Simulator (raising sails, pulling sheets, etc.)

WE WANT SOME NEWS ! ! ! ! ! !

Postby ajnasreddin » Sun 25 Jun 2006 - 15:18

HELLO STENTEC!

CAN YOU GIVE US ANY NEWS ABOUT SAIL SIMULATOR 5 ? ? ? ? ? ?

(sorry for yelling)
ajnasreddin

Postby Barry » Sun 25 Jun 2006 - 16:33

Using an old fashioned ship's megaphone suitable for the sailing ship era.

WE WANT SOME NEWS. Pretty please!

Barry

:)
Barry

Postby ajnasreddin » Wed 19 Jul 2006 - 18:05

A bit sad this - no? About a month later and just you and I, Barry, seem to have any interest in the new release. I wonder where Stentec is. :?
ajnasreddin

Postby Barry » Wed 19 Jul 2006 - 18:40

Hi AJ.

Crew had deserted just you and I :wink:

We are in no-mans land at present.
Maybe Stentec has gone away for the sea breezes.
Reached 36.3C in parts of the UK today.
Hottest recorded ever for UK.

Ah well you take the wheel and we will set a course for a tropical island.
complete with 32 bit textures for the palm trees, and wait for the tide to rise to get into the lagoon.

Oops need SS5 for that!

Any news Stentec please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barry
Barry

Postby Jan » Fri 21 Jul 2006 - 18:32

Hello ajnasreddin,

I have leaved this sinking wreck because i have asked this question over one half year ago ( see "Disappointed" in Motorboat Simulator - General ), but till now there is still no reaction from these stentec guy's.
It seems that theire Navi software is more important.
Maybe they can use it to find me, because they have lost me as a customer.
I wish you and barry all the luck and good nerves to continue your fight against windmills.

Jan
Jan

Postby Barry » Fri 21 Jul 2006 - 20:50

Hello Jan and I understand your feelings.
I spent years looking for a ship simulator, and so far' as well as Stentec's I have tried Virtual Sailor and just bought a copy of ship simulator 2006.

But I will stay with the Stentec simulators, but they mentioned SS5 for November, so if I don't hear any definite news relating to it by then will have to rethink.

Perhaps Stentec could also include some new ships.boats as it will be a new simulator

Jan do not give up with it just yet, at least wait and see up to the end of this year and we should have a better picture.

I think they will be continuing to support it, as they would not have put all my routes on their website otherwise.

They said they would resume work on it after the summer in their news mesage.

Barry

Barry

Postby ajnasreddin » Sat 22 Jul 2006 - 12:27

I can understand that Stentec gets busy in other areas - since its a small company, I'm sure they have to make decisions about where their business can make the biggest euros. Still, I would hope to see an updated version of their software. Technology is getting so far ahead, and other games are getting so realistic in the graphics and mechanics, Sail Simulator 4.* looks like it came from the last century :!: :!: :!: (but actually, I guess it does really, doesn't it?) :P

As I said in another post, it would be nice if Stentec could intergrate all their software - having a sail sim in which we could use their nav software, etc.

Barry, I saw a program on BBC - Global Dimming - in which they discussed several environmental problems facing the world in connection to global warming. Essentially things look really bad. They say that Greenland's ice cap will start to melt by 2030 or so and that the sea levels will rise 7 to 8 meters! I suppose you could try it out on your scenery to see what England look like by the end of this century. :cry: :cry: :cry: (I think the Netherlands seem to disappeare altogether).
ajnasreddin

Postby Barry » Sat 22 Jul 2006 - 18:35

Hi AJ don't tell Stentec about the rising seas or we may not get our SS5 :wink:

Just needs the tides to rise up to 9.3 metres for me, so I can have some realism in my sceneries.

Barry
Barry

Postby Barry » Thu 09 Aug 2007 - 12:06

Stentec..SS5...Tides? Boat Traffic? Scenery Designer Details?
---------------------------

Barry

Barry

boat creator

Postby yachtie2k4 » Sun 12 Aug 2007 - 05:59

& what about a program to create our own boats that would kick arse. racing offline as well, rules of racing (& colregs) u guys could do so much better than every other program out there.
stentec should hurry the f up get their thumb out of their arse & stop piss farting around.
yachtie2k4

Postby Stefan » Mon 13 Aug 2007 - 11:25

Sorry guys, it was holiday time here. But I can tell you development of Sail Simulator is still underway. I'm sorry I can't give you anymore details, but we're still here and it's good to hear you are also still here.
Stefan
Stentec Software Developer

Postby Barry » Mon 13 Aug 2007 - 12:21

Stefan wrote:Sorry guys, it was holiday time here. But I can tell you development of Sail Simulator is still underway. I'm sorry I can't give you anymore details, but we're still here and it's good to hear you are also still here.

Hi Stefan I am here....but unfortunately new computer due to be delivered today isn't, I just found out apparently not even built, so back to square one as regards getting a computer to run sailing simulators.

Barry

Last edited by Barry on Tue 14 Aug 2007 - 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
Barry

Postby ajnasreddin » Mon 13 Aug 2007 - 19:59

Hello Stefan!

I'd like a bit more info on the platform needed for SS5 as I will be in the market for a new computer later in the year. Any details on what kind of graphics card, RAM, etc. would be nice. I'm also thinking of a wide screen monitor for my computer. Would that work?
ajnasreddin

Postby Stefan » Tue 14 Aug 2007 - 13:27

ajnasreddin,

Every modern computer with at least a DirectX9 compatible graphics card (nVidia or ATI) should do the job. And a wide screen monitor should work just fine.
Stefan
Stentec Software Developer

Postby Barry » Fri 31 Aug 2007 - 12:01

sailing wrote:Hi Guys
I'm using a 19 inch wide screen and its great, more room for the instruments and map.

Dose anyone use multiplayer as I have never seen a session open?

Cheers from Sailing

I am keeping to a 19 in screen although will be a week or 2 until new computer arrives now.

This one is 17 in which gives 16 in on the diagonal. and not flat screen.

The widescreen 22 " I think is about another £100 or so extra. I am usually a few years behind everbody else.

About 200 years with my sailing sceneries :wink:

Barry
Barry

Next

Return to Sail Simulator - General