New Scenery Danish/German Coast: Bight of Kiel - Baltic Sea

General question for Sail Simulator (raising sails, pulling sheets, etc.)

Postby Barry » Thu 30 Mar 2006 - 23:37

Hello Ralf... a good idea your interchangeable house types.
Regarding the Blender files I would not need these at present.

My interest is fairly limited at the moment, as without other moving boats and tides in a scenery, there is very little realism, for the era that interests me of around 1800, etc.

Hopefully things may change later in year and I could then put more detail into sceneries, regarding variety of houses, farms. churches, people, etc for around 1800.

Had a look at your page of houses, etc and it certainly looks intereresting and you have put quite a bit of work into it.

Thanks

Barry
Barry

Postby altug » Fri 31 Mar 2006 - 03:51

Hi Ralf :D

Thank you for this good job. I wanted to try but "All images and objects can be downloaded here!" link at the page bottom did not work.

altug :D
[/code]
altug

Postby ED50 » Fri 31 Mar 2006 - 21:48

Hi Altug,
problem solved :D

The file was to big - my provider limit files to 10MB but already more them 9MB doesn't work. :evil:

I split the file and made some optimizations (eliminated double images) and now it works.

Hope you have fun with the new houses.

I put in a bonus :lol: - a generic lighthouse with light on :idea: and posibility to edit the light sectors for your needs :!:

Best Regards
Ralf
http://www.ed50.de
ed50_sail_sim(at)yahoo.de {(at)=@ to avoid spam mails}
ED50

Postby ED50 » Sat 08 Mar 2008 - 15:33

Hi all,
during establishing the new scenery "Firth of Flensburg" I detected that the performance decrease of the Sail Simmulator is not caused by the complexity of the self created objects but by the size of textures the computer has to load into RAM.

I therefore decided to reduced the biggest bitmaps of "Bight of Kiel V2".

Please feel free to download the reduced bitmaps from my new web page www.ed50.de .

Ralf
http://www.ed50.de
ed50_sail_sim(at)yahoo.de {(at)=@ to avoid spam mails}
ED50

Previous

Return to Sail Simulator - General