Joystick "dead zone"

General question for Sail Simulator (raising sails, pulling sheets, etc.)

Joystick "dead zone"

Postby Admiral » Tue 13 Oct 2009 - 15:35

Is the rudder always centralised automatically when using keyboard, or is there a setting i haven't found yet.
When using a game-pad or Joystick i can't seam to set the sensitivity and or a deadzone somewhere in the game.

As now i have to live with the boat not staying in a turn when using the mouse or when holding the joystick/steeringweel/gamepad out, the boat can't keep a straight course without continuously correcting ... both IMHO bad things when gybing and at the same time hoisting, changing boards, sheeting, moving back-stays, looking at opponents and open a chat window to yell for room :)

I'm also missing a auto setting for boards..

Have i missed something in the manual?
"As far as I can remember, there aren't a lot of points of land or holidays named after people who sat at home and criticized Christopher Columbus."
(Paul Cayard, from the Pirates base, in an e-mail to race HQ. 25 Jan 2006 volvooceanrace.org)
Admiral

Re: Joystick "dead zone"

Postby Admiral » Tue 13 Oct 2009 - 21:52

In Controls | Settings| Sensitivity can be set for various things. I managed to get the rudder centered when not steering, by moving the ball for rudder to the left (less) and the ball for Joystick to the left too. The boat no longer changes course because the joystick doesn't know where dead center is.. :)
"As far as I can remember, there aren't a lot of points of land or holidays named after people who sat at home and criticized Christopher Columbus."
(Paul Cayard, from the Pirates base, in an e-mail to race HQ. 25 Jan 2006 volvooceanrace.org)
Admiral

Return to Sail Simulator - General