chart/map zoom

chart/map zoom

Postby cosmicKeith » Sun 28 Feb 2010 - 22:33

Hi all

wow sail simulator is everything I hoped virtual skipper would be and now I've got both! I love playing about with sail settings and hiking out in the laser in the first person view is just awesome !!!

just got one question though! Is there any way to zoom in on the chart/map? I've had a quick look in the manual but can't find how to do this. Can anyone tell me how to zoom in because I can't see where marks are when racing.

Thanks
cosmicKeith

Re: chart/map zoom

Postby Stefan » Mon 01 Mar 2010 - 11:32

Hi cosmicKeith,

Thanks for your comment.

To zoom in/out on the chart just use the scrollwheel on your mouse while your pointer is on the chart.
Stefan
Stentec Software Developer

Postby cosmicKeith » Mon 01 Mar 2010 - 11:52

Hi!
A mouse wheel Hmmmm that's going to pose a problem! I'm disabled and use a specially adapted mouse mouth joystick which has to buttons and the joystick to represent the mouse. unfortunately I don't have a mouse wheel Is there another way around this problem because I would love to race sail simulator 5.

Thanks
cosmicKeith

Postby Stefan » Tue 02 Mar 2010 - 10:39

Hi cosmicKeith,

Unfortunately, it is only possible with a mouse wheel at the moment. I will mention this to the developers to see if we can do something about it.
Stefan

Postby cosmicKeith » Tue 02 Mar 2010 - 11:27

Hi Stefan

OK if you can build an alternative way to Zoom the chart in the near future updates that's fine . just one other thing though, the sim seems to be running incredibly fast for example, I set-up my weather additions to have an 8 knots wind and even though I was only travelling at just over 3 knots it seemed like I've was going much quicker across the water. I'm aware that in lasers and 470's your perspective is much lower especially in the first person view but it struck me as unusually quick

I'll look forward to being able to zoom the chart in forthcoming updates so I can benefit from this software to assist in my paralympic training schedule.

thanks
cosmicKeith

Postby Stefan » Wed 03 Mar 2010 - 16:51

It is now on the to-do list for a next version.
Stefan

Postby Rojoyinc » Mon 05 Dec 2011 - 08:02

Mouse wheel works well for me, but i'd like to ask how do we clear the red line ?
Rojoyinc

Postby Salty Dog » Sun 22 Apr 2012 - 04:42

Reposition your boat via the "Move Boat" function on the map.
When you move your boat, the tracking line resets as well.

If you are on a course right before a race, just move a little tiny ways before the match begins for a clean slate.

There may be other methods, but this is one method.

Cheers,
- The Saltiest Dog of them All
Salty Dog

Postby LaoziSailor » Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 22:08

I had trouble with my laptop and found the the touch pad works like the scroll wheel on the mouse.
LaoziSailor

Return to Sail Simulator 5 - General