sim won't run

sim won't run

Postby sionnach » Tue 06 Dec 2011 - 17:38

I bought this on Amazon last evening, and downloaded. Everything installed and I had no trouble with activation.

But, the program starts to load, the music and waves can be heard, it renders about half the screen- so you can see the upper portions of the sails, then it stops and plays music. Hitting ESC closes the program. There is no error generated.

This happens at any resolution, with or without running in windowed mode, with or without detailed textures.

OS is vista home x64
hardware is more than sufficient and passed your computer checker software.

Please advise
sionnach

Re: sim won't run

Postby Rojoyinc » Tue 06 Dec 2011 - 18:56

Waiting for my copy in the mail, but been running the demo. Weird, but then so is vista... Didn't know any one still ran it. Any way to try another os? I have to say. Win7 is very good.

Only time my demo doesn't run is when monitor is set to a incompatible dekstop res or refresh rate. Since no one has responded... You said does this at all res. i assume you mean game settings res? Have you tried a differnt desktop,res?

Only other things i can think of? Try new install? Maybe something didnt install right, check for latest graphics driver?
All else fails, contact support. Dosen't seem like they frequent here.
Rojoyinc

Postby sionnach » Tue 06 Dec 2011 - 20:22

my good computer is win 7 ultimate. It has no internet connection but for an android tether when absolutely necessary. I have a laptop running vista that serves FSX weather to it with a direct connection and is also used to pass downloads over.

sail sim is not going on that computer or the laptop, the box it is on is quite capable of running it. i'll call Amazon in another day and get my money back if not resolved.

i already contacted support and have yet to receive a reply, hence the post here

i had already downloaded it twice and reinstalled on the off chance there was something off with the first download.
sionnach

Postby Rojoyinc » Wed 07 Dec 2011 - 17:35

Just guessing again, but i wonder if it needs a net connection? Most of what it is really needs online connection. Though seems it would say that some where. Had you tried the demo first? Will amazon take back software thats downloaded? Like how domthey knowmit didn't really install and run?

I wanted download vers, but I'm very rural and my only connection to the net here is via 3G. Downloading large filesmis sketchy... Though the connection during sailing races so far has workedmvery well.

I hate to see tou go... Your the only sign of life on here! My copymhasnshipped and i'll see it hopefully next week. Usps....slooooow. I can't wait to get amhobie, or anything other than the lazer.
Rojoyinc

Postby Rojoyinc » Wed 07 Dec 2011 - 17:40

Seems like it has to be graphics related... Itmisn't crashing since sound continues and you can esc out... So seems like graphics issue. It is strange that the. System test said your setup was fine.. I did read that i think? If not run the test.
Rojoyinc

Return to Sail Simulator 5 - General