New here can't wait to get ss5

New here can't wait to get ss5

Postby Rojoyinc » Sun 04 Dec 2011 - 18:42

I stumbled on ss5 looking for a sailing app for the ipad. I actually discovered ss5 on youtube. The demo videos were amazing. I ordered ss5 deluxe from amazon. Shoukd be here in a week... My attempts to download the demo to passify my excitment but it always aborts before completeting. Any good stable download link?

Anyway... Excited to be here. I live on a lake and i own three hobie 16's.

I was really happy to see a hobie included in the deluxe version. Anyway wanted to say hi and read up on the software.

Ron in Michigan
Rojoyinc

Re: New here can't wait to get ss5

Postby Rojoyinc » Sun 04 Dec 2011 - 21:59

Does anyone know a REAL working demo download link?

Or links to the instruction/pdf files? so I can read about how to use it while waiting for it to arrive?
Rojoyinc

Postby Rojoyinc » Sun 04 Dec 2011 - 23:03

I could only find pds for old 4 version (will get started on that)

and FINALLY after about 10 tries on other sites, found one that downloaded which was C/NET

installing demo now.

Found docs in demo
Last edited by Rojoyinc on Mon 05 Dec 2011 - 17:13, edited 1 time in total.
Rojoyinc

Postby Rojoyinc » Sun 04 Dec 2011 - 23:56

FREAKING AMAZING. Better than I could ever have imagined.

I just had a blast - loaded it up and screaming around on that little (Lazer?) very intuitive... just clicked options to see what they were. the "pilot" view is wonderful! (though I wish my body was a little more... I changed the view width to hide missing body (but would prefer slightly wider view with body).

Water is amazing as is sound of waves. It really feels like hiking out. Control (I've read a lot of things - problems on here about control)
I have no clue? control with mouse alone was exceptional. Loved pulling in the main sheet. Was also neet to loosen the end of the sail on the boom as it made more "pocket" and tilted the boat more. I've never tried that on my (real hobies). I have 3 and one tilts up more than another. I assumed it was the pocket, but thought it was due to batten tension. I see now that this helps add or remove the pocket or (curve of the sail).

Going back to up the res. (was running in 1600x1024 or about) and want to try it higher as was smooth as silk. I also assume no online racing with this version. Still it's enough to get my even more excited for my package to come I WANT WAIT FOR TEH HOBIE 16 (included in Deluxe version right?)

AMAZING.
How come I never read anything about this on sailing forums... like the hobie forums? This will be a blast this winter here in Michigan.
Rojoyinc

Postby Rojoyinc » Mon 05 Dec 2011 - 01:17

found I could try multi-player - ran 4-5 races (first time ever) and says I'm ranked 518 Is that any good.

Is the wind the same and same speed every time in that course?
Rojoyinc

Return to Sail Simulator 5 - General