SAIL SIMULATOR 6

SAIL SIMULATOR 6

Postby frow3n » Wed 01 Jun 2011 - 10:12

These are some of the things I would like to see introduced into Sail Simulator 6 :
1. The Portsmouth Yardstick would be nice : so we can have even and proper racing, because if you sail a laser against a 29er, you will always be slower and finish down the order, but Portsmouth Yardstick would make this possible.
2. Personal Handicap would be brilliant, this works in conjunction with the Yardstick. This would mean if you are a new sailor you have a higher handicap (eg.250) This means that you do better, and as you gradually do better your PH goes down.
3. Proper and organised championships each year. This would mean we could determine the overall and best sailor of each class.
4. Boats I believe some of us would like to see : Platu 25, 49er, 18ft skiff, RS 200, RS 700, Finn, Open 60 and a few others.
5. The final thing which I believe would be a fantastic idea, is a co-op mode. Basically what would happen is you have a lobby looking for a helm or crew and you work according to that. i.e you can do co-op match racing or co-op ocean racing (7 crew in 1 boat !) I know for a fact that this would be fantastic in an 18ft skiff!

Thank you for reading and I hope some of these are implemented into Sail Simulator 6
frow3n

Re: SAIL SIMULATOR 6

Postby Post Captain » Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 23:19

I like the co-op mode idea. I just thought I would add some of my input as well. As a crew member of two real tall ships (Pilgrim and Spirit of Dana Point), I would like to see some of the more historic fore-and-aft rigged vessels, such as something similar to the Pride Of Baltimore 2, or one of the Napoleonic Royal Navy cutters. This once again brings up the co-op idea, which, with the larger crew size of older vessels, there will be more individual tasks to preform.

These would introduce new challenges such as having to manage more sails, and, in high wind, regulating the amount of sail you have set so as to avoid damaging the masts or spars. (the ability to reef any sails that would have reef points would be nice as well. I enjoy sailing in heavier weather.)

Since I brought up the Pride of Baltimore 2: As I understand, there aren't y simulators that truly support square sails, so any tops'l schooner would have to be rigged as a regular schooner.

Edit: this is what I feel SS5 is missing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28QJyU0qYoM&feature=related
Post Captain

Postby nicwett » Sun 06 May 2012 - 12:52

I found SS5 an excellent (and the best at this time) sail simulator, I wish to find in the next version: variable wind direction and force, real weather (online) some new locations, some special boats like sail boats with hydrofoils, trimarans, jonk ships and some popular boats like the MacGregor 26m.I miss a tool to customise boats... And a better engine sound!
nicwett

Postby alton » Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 13:01

Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up. :roll: :lol:
alton

Postby frow3n » Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 14:13

My ideas are just speculation... I emailed Stentec recently and they said they have no plans for a new sim at the moment however there may be a boatset ;)
As we know they are more a GPS company
frow3n

Postby noomi » Mon 08 Oct 2012 - 08:39

These would introduce new challenges such as having to manage more sails, and, in high wind, regulating the amount of sail you have set so as to avoid damaging the masts or spars. (the ability to reef any sails that would have reef points would be nice as well. I enjoy sailing in heavier weather.
noomi

Postby Summer » Wed 17 Oct 2012 - 14:23

I appreciate you for the meaningful information...THANKS :)
Summer

Postby FuZtriKer » Wed 17 Oct 2012 - 19:41

For the next Sail Simulator version I want to see: new boats
new lake
co-op mod
customizable boat

thanks for watching my message, and sorry for mistake of english but I am french :)
good bye! :D
FuZtriKer

Postby coool » Fri 16 Nov 2012 - 12:37

nice posts..........
coool

Return to Sail Simulator 5 - General